Adult Buteyko Breathing Training
Time & Location
About the Event
DO YOU HAVE DYSFUNCTIONAL BREATHING HABITS?
If you answer yes to any of the following then Buteyko Breathing Retraining may benefit you.
• Can you hear yourself breathe?
• Do you ever breathe through your mouth?
• Do you wake with a dry mouth and throat?
• Do you snore?
• Do you stop breathing in your sleep?
• Do you wake up tired?
• Do you suffer from asthma?
• Do you frequently cough?
• Do you frequently suffer from a blocked nose?
• Do you suffer from hay fever?
• Do you get short of breath?
• Can you feel your upper chest move?
• Do you suffer from reflux?
• Do you grind your teeth?
• Do you suffer panic attacks or anxiety?
Dysfunctional breathing is prevalent these days, caused mainly by people breathing too much! This leads to alteration of the natural levels of gases in the blood, reducing oxygen delivery to tissues and organs, and causing constriction of the smooth muscles surrounding blood vessels and airways. Dysfunctional breathing habits lead to health conditions such as breathlessness, asthma, coughing, sinusitis, rhinitis, allergies, snoring, insomnia, sleep apnoea, fatigue, reflux, difficulty concentrating, panic attacks and anxiety.
Buteyko Breathing is a method of breathing re-education for people who have habitual dysfunctional breathing patterns. The method is named after the Russian founder Dr Konstantin Buteyko. Breathing is innate, but functional breathing may require re-training if bad habits have been adopted.
This interactive course consists of 4 x 1 Hour sessions to retrain and recalibrate your respiratory centre into more functional breathing patterns.